Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Week 3: Team Time

Unfortunately this week I missed out on the Tuesday session so I was not able to participate in the world cafe but in talking with other students later in the week and reading through others blog posts I was hopefully able to get the gist of what happened.

Thankfully I was able to arrive early for the Friday session which gave me time to look through all the brainstorming work that had gone on around the clustered ideas and themes that had been generated through the world cafe process. This proved to be a great way to catch up on what I missed out on Tuesday and help me decide how I wanted to order my preferences and vote.

The voting process itself was very interesting to be a part of with such a large group. I had experienced a similar team formation process last year and it is always interesting to see which themes or ideas will be the most popular. As we had to write down both what we could bring to a potential project and what we wanted to learn with our votes it was interesting to learn what other people felt they were stronger or weaker in.

Thankfully I was able to be in a group with my first preference and people who voted similarly too me. 3/4 team members both had the same 1st and 2nd preference for projects to work on which should hopefully help us work together. After we got all the team formation formalities out of the way (Facebook Group, GoogleDrive, Contact Details sharing) we got down to business brainstorming and exploring our project area.

Below are some of the bubbles of ideas and thoughts we came up with:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/fw8TlHw.jpg[/img]

Firstly we had to clarify whether we wanted to go with a more wearable style design that could physically augment peoples senses and bodies or use projections and augmented reality to create illusions and more tricks of the mind style interactions.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Mhl4aEs.jpg[/img]

Our early ideas were heavily influenced by the addition of music to our designs probably due to the fact that we all had music as a second preference.

Once we had decided to go with a projection and augmented reality style system rather than a wearable device, we looked at two possible options to explore. Projections for educations purposes or projections for play.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bGKUqxH.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OltpO4z.jpg[/img]

No comments:

Post a Comment